Care Home Service
We can provide advice and support to the residents and staff within a care home to ensure proper and effective ordering of drugs and appliances. We can also provide information about clinical and cost effective use, safe storage, supply and administration, and correct record keeping.
Patient benefits include:
- improved clinical outcomes through better treatment compliance
- effective use of medicines
- improved safety through reduction of risks.
The service can advise care homes about:
- medication management procedures
- availability of current best practice guidance
- ideas for staff training
- communications required with the prescriber
- communication required with the dispenser.
Our pharmacist or pharmacy technician will visit your care home to carry out an assessment with the relevant staff members. Actions for your care home with be entered by us onto PharmOutcomes and an action plan will be generated for you.
To find out more about our care home service, please contact us.